Monthly WordPress Security Maintenance Package
For security reasons, it is important that your site is maintained regularly. If malware is detected on your website, Google will take it down and replace it with a red warning message, while your hosting provider will also take the site down.
In the long run, securing your WordPress site is much less costly and stressful if it’s maintained; preventative measures are the most economic (and stress-free) approach to maintaining a professional appearance, rather than spending gobs of money on cleaning up a hacked website. That said, I also offer a Monthly Security Maintenance Package to keep your life stress-free!
*Requires WordPress Security Package below
WordPress Complete Security Package
Content Management Package
If you would rather focus on your business and let me handle the new articles and/or page updates, or even add some fresh graphics to your site, I’m always ready to work with you. I offer scheduled website maintenance plans or as-needed updates!
WordPress Security Maintenance Package: $67/mo
- Database and File Backups
- WordPress Core and Plugin Updates
- Password Updates
- Malware/Virus Scans
- Potential Malicious IP scans and/or blocking
- Continuous Daily Monitoring
- Emergency Restore Service Within 24 business hours (just in case)
I receive automated alerts, should anything require immediate attention, and will handle accordingly to keep your site safe. If you see anything that requires attention, just post a message in Basecamp (project management system) and I’ll handle it as soon as possible.
Woocommerce Major Updates sometimes require file changes if your site has template overrides, which would be handled if/when the Woocommerce Plugin requires an update. If your site is highly customized throughout the store pages, additional fees may apply.
*Requires WordPress Security Package
WordPress Security Package: $195
- Site Scans for malware, viruses, and manual file check to make sure malicious code is not missed
- Hand-selected and tested security plugin(s) installed and setup
- Check Installed Plugins to make sure they are not abandoned, outdated and recommend alternative solutions if necessary, to replace outdated plugins
- Root files secured and updated with specific code for security: .htaccess, configuration file
- Secure files and directory permissions to help prevent files from being overwritten
- Secure Comment System (even if not used, it’s important for blocking bots)
- Robots.txt file
- Spam Blacklist
- Update Hosting Control Panel with a secure password if it does not meet security standards
- Update email account password(s) to prevent email from being hijacked by spammers
- Backup plugin installed and configured to store database and files on a regular basis, automatically
- Optional: Two-Factor Authentication Plugin installed and configured to setup text messages (or iPhone App) to confirm identity when logging in – recommended especially if you are detecting login attempts, or if your WP Admin has already been compromised
Content Management Package: $95/hr
Website updates may be uploaded to Basecamp on your time table. You set the schedule!
Billing occurs either weekly or as updates are completed, based on your typical schedule and can be adjusted at any time, should your needs change.
Content may be uploaded in Word, Pages for Mac, text files, or typed directly into Basecamp threads. We may also use your Google Docs or Dropbox account, or other means of sharing files, your choice.
Copy Editing is available upon request to correct any grammatical or spelling errors.
Need to have a second set of eyes check over your work? Proofreading is also available.